1/2/21

The 2021 Suite by Dimaension X

 A "Zappa-inspired" suite of music, i.e., it's progressive rock music with horns, marimba, extended improvised guitar solos, time changes, and other stuff, too. Just one long song, divided into several parts. I figured it's time to visit my roots and go back to some more "fun" sounding music, instead of trying to drag out more doom and drone music. And of course I started listening to Frank Zappa again, so voila. I also listened to the very first Devo album all the way through, and decided I needed some short snippets of Devo in my new music, too. So the segues between the 5 parts are short spurts of Devo songs. Performed by Dimaension X. Recorded & produced by Dave Lanciani. Music composed by Dave Lanciani/Dimaension X. Extra bits and pieces of music by Mark Mothersbaugh, Bob Mothersbaugh, Gerald Casale. There's also a not-so-hidden snippet of Aldo Nova's song "Fantasy". See if you can find it. Dedicated to Frank Zappa and Eddie Van Halen. BTW, all the images were created by me, using Photoshop.

No comments: