10/27/12

Drone2012 - the new album

Drone2012 - the new album by Dimaension X is uploaded and ready for download at The Internet Archive.

Four long "songs".  

http://archive.org/details/DX_drone2012

An experiment in drone-doom-noise.  I'm mainly toying with feedback, delays and other effects in real-time.  For a lot of this I just propped my guitar up in front of the amp and let it do the work.

There are some "riffs" and chords and some rhythms here and there.  This isn't a SUNN O))) album.  It's Dimaension X.  Though I really didn't play any "solos".  Next album.  This is experimental and improvisational.  Noisy.  Droney.

The final "song" is a "cover-tune" of sorts, but obviously severely modified.  Anyone care to venture a guess?

All recorded with my guitar tuned to D,A,D,A,D,E.  Loud amp.  Loud.

Bass, too.  (D,A,D,G) Through the guitar fx and amp.  Loud.

It may be good for your Halloween party.  Maybe.


No comments: