8/18/08

Ugotllathath - The Sound of the End of the Universe

Is is done!! "Ugotllathath - The Sound of the End of the Universe" has been completed!

I finished recording all of the tracks, mixed them down (not ALL of them were done today - some here and there over the past few days, etc.), completed the cover artwork, converted the mp3 files for posting, and will begin to post the files ASAP. Be warned - this one is very experimental, a return to the more free-form, improvisational sound of "Aetherial Art of Decay" and "Improvisations for the Ancient Ones", combined with the sustaining drones of "Leprosia Doom".

There probably isn't a typical metal riff on the whole hour-long recording. And the solos that are there are very much based on free improv; not meant to be thought out at all. The whole point of the musical exercise is spontaneity and openness, while simultaneously being crushed by pure noise, feedback and sound.

I'm not really sure how most people will react to this one. In my own mind, it is just what I needed to get out of my system before attempting to tackle the very arranged music of my other upcoming new project. I really needed to just blast out some very fast blastbeats and loud guitars, and so on. I may also have another project coming focusing again on wild, out-of-control improvisational guitar, but it may be a short one, an EP, perhaps. And maybe more "ambient" synths (Phrozenlight, watch out!! - yeah right)

I will post the mp3's and various links within the next few days (hopefully). I'll be sure to let everyone know how to get 'em.

ThanX,
Dimaension X

No comments: